Haynes Acura Repair Manual
This DIY repair and service manual by Haynes, covers 1999-2008 Acura TL (all models), with 3.2L and 3.5L engines. Book Excerpt: 1999-2008 Acura TL Repair Manual ENGINES GENERAL INFORMATION This Part of Chapter 2 is devoted to in-vehicle repair procedures for the 3.2L and 3.5L V6 engines. Since these procedures are based on the assumption that the engine is installed in the vehicle, many of the steps outlined in this Part of Chapter 2 will not apply if the engine has been removed. A 'VTEC' system is used on all models. The VTEC system is Honda's design for Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control. Refer to Chapter 6 for additional information. The engine in all models is of 60-degree V6 design, with aluminum cylinder heads using four valve per cylinder.
Most models have a variable vane intake manifold system (IMRC or IMT) to improve torque. Refer to Chapter 6 for additional information.
ThisHonda Ridgeline 2006-2014, Pilot 2003-2008, Acura MDX 2001-2007 Repair Manual by Haynes is published by Haynes Manuals. All maintenance.
Information concerning engine removal, installation and overhaul can be found in Chapter 2, Part B. REPAIR OPERATIONS POSSIBLE WITH THE ENGINE IN THE VEHICLE Many major repair operations can be accomplished without removing the engine from the vehicle. Clean the engine compartment and the exterior of the engine with some type of degreaser before any work is done. It will make the job easier and help keep dirt out of the internal areas of the engine. When working on the engine, cover the fenders to prevent damage to the paint. Special pads are available, but an old bedspread or blanket will also work.
If vacuum, exhaust, oil or coolant leaks develop, indicating a need for gasket or seal replacement, the repairs can generally be made with the engine in the vehicle. The intake and exhaust manifold gaskets, oil pan gasket, crankshaft front oil seal and cylinder head gaskets are all accessible with the engine in place. ENGINE ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS ALTERNATOR REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION (Refer to illustrations 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7) • Disconnect the cable from the negative battery terminal (see Section 1). • Remove the intake manifold cover or engine cover (see Cowl and engine covers - removal and installation in Chapter 11).
• Remove the drivebelt (see Chapter 1). • On 2004 and later models, disconnect the electrical connectors from the air conditioning condenser fan motor and from the air conditioning compressor clutch and remove the coolant reservoir. Honda Vt 750 C Workshop Manual. Remove the air conditioning condenser fan shroud assembly (see Chapter 3).
• Remove the nut and disconnect the battery cable from the B+ terminal, and then disconnect the four-pin electrical connector (see illustration). • On 2004 and later models, the electrical harness in clamped to the alternator. Detach the harness from the small mounting bracket on the alternator and set the harness aside, and then remove the bolt that secures the harness bracket to the alternator (see illustration) and set the harness aside. Subject: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Acura TL do-it-yourself service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: ISBN-13: 447 Haynes 12050.
TABLE of CONTENTS: • Introduction: Vehicle identification numbers. Buying parts. Maintenance techniques.
Chemical and lubricants, and more. Janome Mc9500 Instruction Manual. • Tune-up and routine maintenance • General engine overhaul procedures • Cooling, heating and air-conditioning systems • Fuel and exhaust systems • Engine electrical systems • Emissions control systems • Manual transaxle • Automatic transaxle • Clutch and driveaxles • Brakes • Suspension and steering systems • Body • Chassis electrical system • Wiring diagrams.
- Kenmore Quiet Guard Deluxe Dishwasher Manual
- 2017 Yamaha Grizzly 550 Service Manual
- Rockwood Trailer Manual
- 2017 Yardman Self Propelled Lawn Mower Manual
- Fabriwin 12 Software Manual
- Airbus A310 Flight Manual
- 1972 Monte Carlo Repair Manual
- Atwood Mpd 93757 Manual
- Hanix H15b2 Manual
- Brown And Sharpe 771 Manual
- Wild Edm Theodolite Manual
- Airbus A320 Engine Overhaul Manual
- Elna Top 300 Machine Manual